What is immunity?
The immune system protects the body from possibly harmful substances by recognizing and responding to antigens. Antigens are substances (usually proteins) on the surface of cells, viruses, fungi, or bacteria. Nonliving substances such as toxins, chemicals, drugs, and foreign particles (such as a splinter) can also be antigens. The immune system recognizes and destroys substances that contain antigens.
Your own body’s cells have proteins that are antigens. These include a group of antigens called HLA antigens. Your immune system learns to see these antigens as normal and usually does not react against them.
So, how can you Super-Boost your Immunity?
1. Sleep for no more than 8 hours and no less than 6 hours.
2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily, totaling 64 ounce.
3. Take over-the-counter vitamin C pill daily especially during the change of season.
4. Deep breathing: Enhances the vitality of the internal organs and detoxifies the blood.
5. Exercise regularly at least 3-4 times a week with a minimum of 20 min of aerobic activity.
6. Meditation: Relaxes the mind and muscles, improves oxygen uptake, improves bone marrow functions and overall improves immunity.
7. Kill the stress: Stress is the most common cause for reduced immunity. Try to stay more happy, calm and relaxed. Avoid getting angry. Whenever stressed, take a moment and say to yourself 3 times “Relax…… Relax…….. Relax…..”.
8. Listen to calming music.
9. Stretch your body. Avoid sitting or standing for long hours. Make sure you take a break every 30-45 minutes to stretch your body.
10. Do your best and leave the rest. We cannot control many things in her life. So stop controlling the outcomes. Make sure you perform your best with good thoughts and actions. That is the most important thing in life.
11. Eat healthy: Fruits, fresh vegetables, whole grains and fish gives you abundant antioxidants, proteins minerals and vitamins necessary to skyrocket the immune system.
Follow these 11 simple and effective ways to approach your immunity for a week and see the big difference in yourself. You will feel much stronger in your mind and body.