1.Eat smaller meals every 3 hours, for a total of five to eight small meals per day, every day.
2. Eat a lean protein source with every meal (meat, chicken, fish, eggs).
3. Eat fruits, vegetables or both with every meal.
4. Make sure that almost all carbohydrate intake comes from fruits and vegetables.
5. Make sure that at least 25 percent of your calories come from fat sources, including animal fats and oils (flax, fish, coconut, and olive).
6. Drink 8 glasses of 8oz water daily. Drink only beverages that have zero calories. Stick to just water and green tea if possible.
7. Eat only whole foods (as opposed to liquid nutrition).
8.Exercise for 30 to 60 minutes most days of the week